Julie has an Urgos Grandfather clock that has been sitting idle/inoperable for 10+ years. Over three weekends I took it apart, cleaned it, re-lubed it, bent the pendulum back into shape, made some other adjustments and got it working.
It is a "weight driven" grandfather clock. You will see 3 long gold tubes, those are the weights.
Here are some pictures of the project:
|Weights, pendulum, flashlight and a butter knife.|
|Top cover off - a look at innards of clock|
|Another shot of the clock "movement."|
|I realized the clock needs to be perfectly level to function.|
|Side shot of clock "movement"|
|I had this degreaser to clean my bike chain. I used it to clean and free up the clock movement. That will probably make true clock nerds cringe, but it worked and it was free.|
|According to the internet, this is the premium clock lube. $15 for 8 oz.|
|Clock face and dials|
|Clock put back together|
Here is the movement working by itself post repairs. (I know both videos look similar, but this is the finished product).